Friday, August 23, 2013

24 weeks

 
 
 
 
How far along? 24 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 20 lbs

Maternity clothes? I finally caved and bought a pair of jeans and two pair of leggings from Motherhood Maternity.  I have no idea why I waited so long and have a feeling I will be using these after the baby too.  Still living in my Target long and lean tanks that I adore and sticking mostly to dresses/leggings.  Last night I busted out a pair of Josh's sweat pants.  He won't be getting those back until after the baby. ;)

Stretch marks? No new ones.  I do have a few on my hips from years ago.  I am in the minority and have not used any creams, so I can't complain if I wind up with a few stretchies :).

Sleep:  Until last night sleep has been great other than the bathroom breaks, but I woke up several times with the sorest hips ever!  Ouch, is all I have to say.  With me using my body pillow sleeping quarters are tight!  Poor Josh, he probably sleeps halfway off the bed.

Best moment this week: Definitely all of the movement.  I've been able to see baby kick from the outside which just fascinates me every time.  Also, hearing the heartbeat and baby kicking the Dr. this morning was pretty cute.

Miss Anything? I should just copy and paste this answer, but definitely wine! 

Movement: The flutters and pokes are distinct kicks and jabs now.  Sometimes I think I can feel him doing cartwheels.

Food cravings: Sweets, pineapple, watermelon, peaches, fries

Anything making you queasy or sick?: No. I'm feeling great!

Have you started to show yet: Yes!  Strangers have started to comment.  I still question if people can tell, and Josh laughs and says "definitely" lol.

Gender: Boy!!!

Belly Button in or out? It looks straight crazy.  It's half out and half flat at this point.  Which probably makes absolutely no sense but trust me it's.....different.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy mixed with moments of road rage from time to time. 

Looking forward to: Seeing the baby again and just enjoying the pregnancy as much as possible.


                                                  Happenings as of late:

  • Josh and I had a good time registering at Babies R Us two weeks ago.  He was very excited to use the "gun" and went a little crazy.  Needless to say when we got home I did a bit of revising.

  • We took a road trip to Ohio to visit Josh's brother, sis in law, and there little cutie Lincoln.  She's pregnant too so it's fun comparing and being pregnant together.  She's due about a month after us.  Not only is she pregnant, but we have another sister in law that is due in February so I guess we all drank the water.  So fun!!


  • After agonizing over strollers, we finally decided on getting the Britax Agile travel system and then a BOB jogging stroller.  Our BOB came yesterday so J and I were playing with it all around the house.


  • The packing for Texas has begun.  Yay for moving across country again.  I think we could move in our sleep!  I know everything will work out, but I'm a bit nervous about finding a new doc in Texas so late in the pregnancy. 




 
I broke down and bought a few goodies. The picture on the left are clothes I ordered off of H&M and  the picture on the right are clothes from Burlington/Marshalls.  I bought various sizes ranging from newborn to 9 mos.  So fun!!



2 comments:

  1. You're looking positively adorable!! Love that blue on you :-)

    We got the BAgile stroller too and plan on getting a BOB next summer. I LOVED the BOB but we obviously don't need it until after the Minnesotan Winter is over.

    And yes, I had to laugh-- I checked out our registry online and my husband had gone a little "gun happy" in the toy section without me knowing ;-)

    Isn't it crazy to see the baby move from the outside???

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGSH you look adorable! That blue does look really good on you!!! Congrats on being more than halfway there!!

    New follower here, look forward to coming back!! :)

    Brianna
    Follow along: keepingupwiththekeens2428.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete