Saturday, October 15, 2011

Balance








 
For the most part I try to eat healthy and workout.  The one thing though that I haven't been able to kick is CALORIE COUNTING.  It's an obsession and an ugly word that I cannot kick.     

I wish I didn't mentally tabulate the calories that I consume on a daily basis.  Whether I have eaten a big mac or an apple I tabulate.  It's frustrating and hopefully one day will find that balance between eating healthy and being able to not feel guilty after eating a piece of pizza.  Sigh.


The new year has brought on so many wonderful things into my life: 

Marrying the love of my life, moving to finally be together, adopting our beloved dog Huck, my first "real" job, just a bunch of things that have made me pretty darn happy.

Life is way too short to worry about whether I consumed 200 more calories more than I should have.

I'm healthy, strong, and super blessed with this little life that I live.

I'm making a concerted effort to tell my brain to chill out and to not make weight the deciding factor on whether I'm happy or not.  My life is too full to be so negative. 


                              Word.



                       What a sad picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment