Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Newlywed Nomads

As I sit here with my iced coffee in our new home, I can't help but laugh.  I mean, I was born and raised in the deep South, and really didn't think I would ever live anywhere other than just that.  I'd like to think fondly of Josh and I as the "Newlywed Nomads," because since February this has described our new lovely life to a "T".
         
       Let's back this train up....

I'll never forget on our first date Josh mentioned with his career that it entailed frequent traveling.  I'm not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed.  I had dealt with boyfriends in the past moving and it never ended well.  Josh told me he would be in Louisiana for not much longer than a year or two, and he wondered if that bothered me.  From that first date on I had no idea what we had in store for our little lives.


After two years of dating, Josh got the call for his next job in Washington State. With the economy being as bad as it was, he had no other choice. And after many tearful nights and planning, Josh prepared to leave.  Little did I know he had been planning to propose for the last few months, and was going to propose before he left.  I joke that he proposed so he could keep me around while we were separated 2000+ miles, but he begs to differ ;).


Having a year left of nursing school, I had no choice but to stay and wait it out until December when I would move to start our new life.  Just let me say it was worth it.  Hands down.

                                                          Anyways....


So over the course of the year many trips between Washington and Louisiana were made, and wedding planning commenced.  Josh surrrrreeeee lucked out not being able to help plan most of our wedding.  Although, maybe I was the LUCKY one ;). 


We said our "I do's" in January, and after the honeymoon planned to drive 2000+ miles to my new home. FUN FUN. 


I never thought it would be as hard as it was saying goodbye to not only my wonderful family and friends, but also the state that had been my home for 24 years.  But Josh was an everlasting ray of positivity and support.  Thank the good Lord for that.


I'm going to stop here for today and continue the story over the next day or so because if you've read this much you deserve a medal. No, but really.  :)


I leave you with a picture of my car ready for our journey from the South to the West Coast.


My life all packed up!



                                   I wasn't claustrophobic or anything!                                                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment